General COVID-19 Recovery
A list of resources related to the pandemic’s effect on commercial and multifamily facilities:
Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Public Health and Real Estate: Resources on COVID-19
- Considerations for Multifamily and Affordable Housing Webinar
- Confronting COVID-19: Insights for Real Estate Leaders Webinar
Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance (SEEA)
A list of resources to support buildings in pursuing a safe and efficient re-opening process:
Center for Disease Control (CDC)
International Code Council (ICC)
American Institute of Architects (AIA)
US Green Building Council (US GBC)
Arc Re-Entry is a set of tools that can be used
- To document and benchmark infection-control policies and procedures.
- To collect and analyze related occupant experiences.
- To measure and track indoor air quality.
A list of resources related to making buildings as healthy as possible for occupants and tenants:
World Green Building Council Reports
British Council for Offices (BCO) Reports
Interact Office Report
Center for Active Design
Recommended Operational Strategies, including strengthening cleaning protocols and increasing ventilation rates to minimize recirculated air.
Resources for Empty Buildings
Not ready to open yet? Here’s some guidance on how to maintain energy and water efficiency and save money, while your building is closed:
Institute for Market Transformation (IMT)
- Identify total remote workers: Confirm which of your tenants will be remote, and for how long to determine what systems to adjust and how.
- Adjust operational schedules and set points: adjust your building’s mechanical and hot water systems to ensure they’re not running unnecessarily at full capacity.
- Turn off equipment: Ensure that all non-emergency lights, equipment, and appliances are turned off. This prevents devices from setting phantom loads and drawing power while in standby mode.
- Complete deferred maintenance needs: Assuming that your managers can get to the building safely, or must be at the property for other reasons, it’s a great time to be able to complete any deferred maintenance during normal business hours.